Comcast today announced the return of Xfinity Freeview Latino, a two week all-access pass to discover and view the best Latino entertainment available in the U.S., totaling in excess of 3,500 programs and 2,500 hours of Xfinity On Demand content.
Xfinity Freeview Latino will take place from September 22 through October 5 and will be available to all Xfinity TV customers on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/Latino and on the Xfinity TV Go app.
With more high-quality content available in Spanish and English across more platforms and genres than ever, theres never been a better time for Latino programming and entertainment, said Michael DEmilio, Senior Director of Multicultural Services for Comcast Cable. And Xfinity Freeview Latino is the perfect opportunity for our Latino customers to access their favorite On Demand content while discovering more content theyll love at home or on the go.
In contrast to the 2013 edition, this years Xfinity Freeview Latino will offer more than double the amount of On Demand content available across devices to enjoy anytime, anywhere. This includes a total of 45 networks available online at Xfinity.com/Latino, and 30 Latino networks available for viewing on the Xfinity TV Go app, including: BabyFirst Americas, beIN Sports en Español, Canal Sur, Caracol TV, Centroamerica TV, Cine Mexicano, Cine Sony Television, Cinelatino, Discovery Familia, Ecuavisa, El Rey Network, EWTN Español, FOX Deportes, FOX Life, Galavision, Gran Cine, Multimedios, MundoFOX, Music Choice Latino Tier, Once TV, Pasiones, Sur Peru, TeleFe, Teleformula, Telemundo, TV Dominicana, UniMás, Univision, Videorola, ViendoMovies and Vme Kids.
In advance of their highly anticipated television debuts, the second annual Freeview Latino will feature the On Demand premieres of mun2s upcoming reality show A Toda Gloria, starring Gloria Trevi, and telenovelas Los Miserables and Señora Acero from Telemundo and RCN Nuestra Teles Amor Sincero.
Spanning thousands of free content choices across broadcast and cable networks and more options that are most relevant and of value to Latinos, featured programming includes:
- Movies and documentaries: Mexican blockbuster films such as Cinelatinos El Infierno and Viendomovies La Otra Familia, plus timely documentaries celebrating Latino culture including History en Españols Cinco de Mayo and Unidos por la Historia, a series filmed in eight Latin American countries, and Discovery en Espanols Who Killed Pancho Villa. Also, Hollywood blockbusters such as Cine Sony Television’s Pineapple Express and 30 Minutes or Less.
- Music: In addition to its usual 500 music videos, the Music Choice Latino offering features an additional 150 videos from Latin superstars and exclusive original programming including Chronicles, featuring Daddy Yankee, and Primed, featuring Karlos Rose and Justin Quiles; and VideoRolas concerts from popular Mexican bands such as Banda el Recodo and Chuy Lizarraga.
- Classic and new telenovelas: Catch complete seasons so far of more than a dozen telenovelas, from the latest releases such as Telemundos Señora de Acero and Univisions Hasta el Fin del Mundo, to all-time favorites El Capo 2 from RCN Nuestra Tele and mun2s Muñecas de la Mafia.
- TV: Catch-up on the first two seasons of Galavisions Heroes del Norte before the premiere of the third season, watch the complete first season of El Rey Networks Matador, as well Telemundos new reality competition Yo Soy el Artista.
- Kids programming: Vme Kids series premieres including Rollbots and Tayo, the little bus, plus Plim Plim from Discovery Familia.
Xfinitys Latino offerings provide unmatched access and options for Hispanic programming. To meet the ever-evolving needs and diverse interests of customers, Xfinity consistently introduces new channels and revamps lineups across platforms to deliver the content Latinos value most. In fact, since 2010, Xfinitys Latino On Demand offering has expanded by more than 3.5 times and now includes 51 Latino content providers. Over the past year alone, along with the recently announced carriage deal with Univision Deportes, Comcast developed and launched new Xfinity Latino packaging to provide Hispanic customers more choice, value and entertainment options to fit their diverse mix of entertainment and communication needs. It is also the only provider in the industry to offer an interactive channel, the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel, dedicated to helping Latino customers maximize their experience while navigating and accessing the many available options.
For more details on Xfinity Freeview Latino including the full programming list, please visit Xfinity.com/Latino to sort through the thousands of hours of content available and check the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel daily for recommendations on what to watch, or join the conversation on www.facebook.com/XfinityLatino and https://twitter.com/XfinityLatino using hashtag #FreeviewLatino. Content availability may vary across platforms. For more information on the Xfinity Latino Entertainment channel, Xfinity Latino packages and Xfinity On Demand, please visit www.comcast.com/puedo.
Comcast has had a longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion since its founding nearly 50 years ago and focuses its efforts in five key areas: diversity in governance, attracting and retaining a multicultural workforce, developing a diverse supplier base, offering a wide selection of multicultural programming, and community investment in national, regional and local diverse organizations. For more background on diversity and inclusion at Comcast please visit www.comcast.com/diversity.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the Xfinity brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit http://www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.