Disney Consumer Products today unveiled the Disney Royal Ball collection, the first ever line of Quinceañera gowns inspired by the inner qualities, personalities and stories of the Disney Princess characters. Designed and created in collaboration with special occasions fashion industry leader, Ashdon Inc, the new gowns combine classical styling with elements of fantasy and magic to bring an air of royalty and fairy tale to young women celebrating their Quinceañera. The debut line features 21 gowns two styles for each Disney Princess and a special new gown, la Corona de la Princesa, that will be added to the line each year.
Disney Celebrates the Princess in Every Young Latina With Launch of Disney Royal Ball Quinceanera Dress Collection (Photo: Business Wire)
Similar to a Sweet 16, a Quinceañera is a coming of age celebration for Latinas that signifies her journey from childhood to young womanhood. It often includes a religious ceremony followed by a reception with family and friends. While there are many traditions associated with this rite of passage, the gown is an integral and festive part of the celebration.
The Latino community has a strong affinity for Disney, and the Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera Collection offers another avenue to make the Quinceañera celebration even more unique and meaningful for Latina teens and their families, said Gilberto Martinez Kladt, vice president of licensing for Disney Princess. Disney is thrilled to provide young Latinas with the opportunity to celebrate the elegance, grace and poise of their favorite Disney Princess characters on such a special and momentous day.
Disneys special occasion business for women launched in 2007 with a luxury fairy tale weddings bridal collection. The business continued its growth in 2010 in collaboration with renowned wedding dress designer Alfred Angelo for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings collection. In 2012 the business expanded to reach teens with Disney Forever Enchanted, a line of Disney Princess-inspired prom dresses, launched in collaboration with Ashdon Inc.
The Disneys Royal Ball Collection is designed to create a royal statement and a lifetime of memories, said Nick Yeh, CEO of Ashdon Brands. The gowns are fun to wear and fit wonderfully into traditionally festive environments, providing a magnificent and special way for Quince girls to realize their very own princess-inspired dreams, adds Yeh.
Available in a variety of colors, featuring regal fabrications and elegant accents of crystal, embroidery and beadwork, young Latinas celebrating their Quinceañeras can choose from any of the following dresses inspired by the Disney Princess characters:
- Ariel – Cascading waves of organza ruffles and oceans of jewels pay tribute to Ariel’s courageous yet free-spirited nature
- Belle – Versailles-inspired beadwork and sophisticated silhouettes reflect Belle’s elegance, intelligence and beauty
- Cinderella – Inspired by Cinderella’s graceful elegance, these timeless gowns bring the magic of the ballroom to life, with glamorous draping and delicate beadwork featuring coach-like embellishments
- Jasmine A whole new world awaits with these exotic gowns. Shimmering beadwork and beautiful silhouettes celebrate Jasmine’s bold and adventurous spirit
- Mulan These Chinoiserie-inspired organza ball gowns capture Mulan’s heroic spirit and valiant heart
- Pocahontas – Inspired by Pocahontas’ courageous heart and love of nature, these gowns celebrate the beauty of the earth and the sky. Cascading ruffles and elegant draping are adorned with dazzling beadwork
- Rapunzel – A tribute to Rapunzel’s passion and artistic spirit, the cap-sleeve, organza ball gown features exquisite beading and a skirt inspired by organic, hand-rolled flowers, while the strapless style features a ruffled detachable skirt
- Sleeping Beauty – As alluring and beautiful as Aurora herself, these dreamy gowns feature sweetheart necklines, delicate beadwork with whimsical skirts
- Snow White Inspired by the compassionate nature and grace of Disneys first princess, these stunning gowns make a graceful yet dramatic statement
- Tiana – Masquerade across the dance floor in dazzling New Orleans style. These enchanting gowns capture Tiana’s confident attitude and independent spirit
- Corona de La Princesa – Our very own grand addition to the Disney Royal Ball Quinceanera collection with ornate details to celebrate being a princess
The Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera Collection is available at specialty and formal wear retailers in communities across the US and Canada and is available for pre-order through select retailers. Dresses will be available in sizes 0-20 with MSRPs ranging from $530-$999.
Now through June 7, 2013, QuinceañerasMagazine.com is hosting La Corona De La Princesa sweepstakes, offering one reader the chance to win the Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera gown of their choice, a VIP weekend trip for two to Southern California, a $1,000 cash prize and more. The top 10 finalists will receive a Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera gown of their choice and a subscription to Quinceañeras Magazine. For contest details visit quinceanerasmagazine.com/articles/la-corona-de-la-princesa.
For more information on the Disney Princess Royal Ball Quinceañera collection and retail outlets, please visit www.QuinceRoyalBall.com.
About Ashdon, Inc.
Housed under the Ashdon brand umbrella are the highly regarded Victor Harper, Cristiano Lucci and Yumi Katsura Couture Collections whose brand is recognized on the same level with the world’s most prestigious fashion trademarks. Best recognized for their glamorous Simone Carvalli and Impression Bridal lines, Ashdon, Inc. is a leading force in the bridal and formal-wear industry. Ashdon’s collections extend with evening gowns, special occasion and bridesmaid dresses, Quinceañeras, mothers of the bride and teen prom lines, such Disney’s Forever Enchanted, Xcite, Xtreme and Q by DaVinci. No stranger to the celebrity world stars such as Mariah Carey, Sofia Milos, Michelle Rodriguez, Faith Hill, Selena Gomez, Ashley Greene and The Bachelor’s Tara Durr all have worn gowns from one of their collections on the red carpets and down the aisle. Ashdon Brand’s gowns have been featured in Life & Style, the Teen Choice Awards as well as top-rated shows such as The Vampire Diaries, The Price Is Right, and on Tyra Banks’ America’s Next Top Model. For more information on Ashdon, please visit www.Ashdonbrands.com.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the worlds largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around seven strategic brand priorities: Disney Baby & Classic Characters, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney’s official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving.www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.